In what is one of the more frightening uses of cloud computing, big data, data science, and data analysis, China has been working on what can only be described as the gamification of consent (a twist on the title of Edward Bernay’s book The Engineering of Consent). Via a new social media scoring system that rates your submission to the party line (though currently only running in numerous pilotprojects), the communist government will give incentive rewards for “appropriate” behavior in the light thereof, and take those rewards away for a dissenting score. This has huge implications as it relates to the study of mass psychology and the use by governments of tools like this to manipulate and coerce their populations into submission.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Years of AT&T DSL Connection Woes Resolved in 1 Second
- Lord, Have Your Way in Me
- Louis Berkhof on Justification
- OpenVPN Sharing a TCP Port with SSL on NGINX and Apache?
- Luther on the Sovereignty of God From The Bondage of the Will
- New Boards of Canada: Tomorrow's Harvest - Reach for the Dead
- Steadfast Love and Faithfulness
- The Ratcheting Up of Anti-Christian, Vitriolic Rhetoric Toward Christians
- Maafa 21 - The Abhorrent Beginnings of and Reasons for Planned Parenthood
- A Quote from a Very Famous Edwards Sermon