Father you are a God who delights in revealing the beauty of your salvation to those who least deserve it. You are a God who delights in making Your name known and shining your face on those who have long been laid low in darkness. And as we’ll read in Jonah today Lord, you are a God who delights in relenting from disaster for those who call upon your name and turn from their sin to embrace You as their God and savior. In a myriad of ways Lord, all of us have lives that if you hadn’t intervened by Your Holy Spirit would have ended in disaster, both now and for eternity. But because of your steadfast love and faithfulness, and the kindness of Your heart toward us, you have set our feet upon a rock, and given us rest when we were weary and wandering in darkness. Father would we drink deeply of this grace that is poured out for us from your table of delights, and would we come to expect that in whatever good or difficulty comes to us from your hand, that we would know You are indeed for us and not against us.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Years of AT&T DSL Connection Woes Resolved in 1 Second
- SharePoint 2013 - Adding Additional AD Domains for People Picker
- Lord, Have Your Way in Me
- C.S. Lewis, a Thought from a Quote in Mere Christianity
- Granting A Service Account Access to a Web Application in SharePoint 2013
- The End of Protestantism - Interaction with Leithart
- A Purified Conscience from Dead Works through the Blood of Christ
- Peace Child by Don Richardson - A Review
- What Was Significant About the Council of Orange?
- Five Solas, Each Described in One Sentence