Gospel. Culture. Technology. Music.

Tag: solution

Magento 1.7 Upgrade Issue Resolved – Products Display Zero When Selecting Product Options

I have now gone through a production upgrade of Magento from version 1.4.1 to 1.7. As expected, since I did a test run in my own environment, I encountered quite a few issues along the way, not merely limited to database upgrade issues which were a big enough of a problem themselves.

One of the issues I ran into that is now resolved was related to the individual product pages. When you selected a customized option for a product, such as a certain size, color, or other option, the price would change to zero. After researching the issue for a while, I came up with only other people having the same problem, but no solutions. Until this evening.

I came across this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/280283/P0/

I’ve also updated another thread in which I posted where someone else had the same problem: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/284168/

The fix:



with the same file located in:



Liberating a Captive Church – The Foreword to Christless Christianity

Here we are in the North American church—conservative or liberal, evangelical or mainline, Protestant or Catholic, emergent or otherwise—cranking along just fine, thank you. So we’re busy downsizing, becoming culturally relevant, reaching out, drawing in, making disciples, managing the machinery, utilizing biblical principles, celebrating recovery, user-friendly, techno savvy, finding the purposeful life, practicing peace with justice, utilizing spiritual disciplines, growing in self-esteem, reinventing ourselves as effective ecclesiastical entrepreneurs, and, in general, feeling ever so much better about our achievements.

Notice anything missing in this pretty picture? Jesus Christ!

The Annoyance of WordPress Revisions – And the Fix

After getting this new blog up and running, I noticed one of the features that was added in version 2.5 of WordPress: revisions. It got me to thinking about how the database was impacted after moving all of those entries over. After running a query in the DB, the result came back with 1723 rows, yet I only have 684 entries. The rest (minus pages and attachments) were all revisions of blog posts and pages. Each revision is a full blog entry. Over time, that could add up to a lot of data, depending on how often you post entries and how many revisions you create in the process of each post.

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén