Well, I had my first successful dryer cable replacement. Basic problem was that I initially had a three-prong 240V cable on my dryer and I have a 4 prong socket in the wall. I took the old one off (which was the easy part) and then hooked up the new one (which took way too long). For one, I dropped one of the major screws down inside the dryer, and 2) I was very carefully trying to follow instructions so that I didn’t shock the junk out of myself. The dryer worked well though after some nervousness about turning it on (i.e. starting a fire, electrocuting myself, or something else). I figured that in the worst-case scenario, I would trip the breaker, but you never know … whew.
Leave a Reply