Well, I cannot believe it has already been a year since Dave died. It seems like forever ago and at the same time it seems like yesterday. I can remember exactly how I felt as well as the circumstances in which I found out. Courtney and I had decided to stay home because of the ice, and then got a call from someone we didn’t expect to hear from saying, “Tell me this isn’t true!” We had no idea what they were talking about, but then it was confirmed. Dave had died. Man how sad that day was. But my fellowship with Christ was so sweet during those sad days. “He must increase but I must decrease.” And trials make that reality so true. So many things have already changed; Dave’s immediate influence and input on matters pertaining to the ministry have ceased, but the doctrines he so fervently taught have remained because these doctrines are scriptural (salvation and justification by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, spiritual growth through the preaching of the Gospel to our dead hearts, the sovereignty of God in all things amongst many others). Despite the changes that have occurred within the student ministries over the past year and the adjustments that have been made, Christ has stayed the same and caused His church to persevere through sustaining our faith by the Holy Spirit after his passing. I have listed a few of Dave’s sermons here that I have on my site in remembrance of him. Praise God for the years the Lord gave us with Dave. Man how the Lord used him as an instrument to change my life by showing me the value, worth, sufficiency, and glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ crucified and risen for our sins. O how we miss you Dave! It saddens my heart greatly that you are no longer with us … but praise God that you are now with the treasure of all who call upon Him, Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Peace Child by Don Richardson - A Review
- C.S. Lewis, a Thought from a Quote in Mere Christianity
- Greg Koukl: The Myth of Non-Moral Legislation
- 6 Years of AT&T DSL Connection Woes Resolved in 1 Second
- Lord, Have Your Way in Me
- The Embodiment and Fulfiller of the Law
- Promises for Those in Christ in Romans 8
- OpenVPN Sharing a TCP Port with SSL on NGINX and Apache?
- A Purified Conscience from Dead Works through the Blood of Christ
- Granting A Service Account Access to a Web Application in SharePoint 2013