Based upon a recipe from: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/stuffed-peppers/63e29e18-903e-467c-aec5-fba4ce3a138f
This was too good not to post. Courtney is an amazing cook.
- 6 colorful large bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Trader Joe’s organic tri-color quinoa
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can of organic tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella to top
- Cut stems of bell peppers, clean out, set aside
- In large skillet, saute onion, beef, sausage, until meat is brown, adding salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and rosemary, to taste.
- When meat is browned, add garlic, quinoa, can of tomato sauce. cook until hot.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture.
- Stand stuffed peppers in rectangular glass baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 15 minutes more.
- Top with mozzarrella and cook five more minutes, uncovered.