Update: here is a quicker, possibly more delicious recipe https://davidwesterfield.net/2019/06/easy-delicious-summer-sangria/
- 1 Bottle Llano Sweet Red Table Wine (or comparable)
- 1/2 Cup Vodka, or more to taste
- 1 Bottle Pellegrino Sparking Water
- 1 Large Orange (2 small)
- 2 Limes
- 1 Large Lemon (2 small)
- 1 Green Apple
- 3/4 Cup Sugar, add more to taste after putting everything together before chilling.
- A large, preferablly glass pitcher for presentation (you eat and drink with your eyes first :] ).
- Slice up 1/2 large or 1 small orange, 1 lime, 1/2 large or small lemon, 1 green apple, and put the slices in the pitcher.
- Pour in the whole bottle of wine.
- Pour in vodka.
- Pour in sugar.
- Using the other pieces of fruit, squeeze the juice out of the small or 1/2 large orange, lime, and small 1/2 large lemon into pitcher, and stir it all together.
- Pour in about 3/4 a bottle of Pellegrino sparking water and stir again.
- Immediately cover (so you don’t lose the fizz from the sparkling water) and chill for approximately 1 hour. For fruitier taste, chill longer, like over night.
- Serve over ice in an 8-12 oz glass or wine glass.
- Don’t forget to eat the sangria-soaked fruit! Yum.