Update: here is a quicker, possibly more delicious recipe https://davidwesterfield.net/2019/06/easy-delicious-summer-sangria/
- 1 Bottle Llano Sweet Red Table Wine (or comparable)
- 1/2 Cup Vodka, or more to taste
- 1 Bottle Pellegrino Sparking Water
- 1 Large Orange (2 small)
- 2 Limes
- 1 Large Lemon (2 small)
- 1 Green Apple
- 3/4 Cup Sugar, add more to taste after putting everything together before chilling.
- A large, preferablly glass pitcher for presentation (you eat and drink with your eyes first :] ).
- Slice up 1/2 large or 1 small orange, 1 lime, 1/2 large or small lemon, 1 green apple, and put the slices in the pitcher.
- Pour in the whole bottle of wine.
- Pour in vodka.
- Pour in sugar.
- Using the other pieces of fruit, squeeze the juice out of the small or 1/2 large orange, lime, and small 1/2 large lemon into pitcher, and stir it all together.
- Pour in about 3/4 a bottle of Pellegrino sparking water and stir again.
- Immediately cover (so you don’t lose the fizz from the sparkling water) and chill for approximately 1 hour. For fruitier taste, chill longer, like over night.
- Serve over ice in an 8-12 oz glass or wine glass.
- Don’t forget to eat the sangria-soaked fruit! Yum.
Looks delicious. I’ll have to try it with Splenda to see if we can get a low sugar version going.
If you use splenda, be careful on how much you put in, as I’m sure you know. Ya might try half of what I’m recommending on sugar.
Wow, I love red wine and I really want to taste your cool recipe. By the looks I can say that this tastes good and really mouth-watering. Cheers!
Thanks so much!